Top 5 Excuses
- I am not a salesperson – um, I said the same thing and quite frankly, I don’t consider myself one either. That being said, I am a good “sharesperson”. What’s the difference? Let me give you an example. When I go to the salon and get an amazing haircut, I share it with the world. Why? Become I want my friends to experience the same thing I just did, therefore I want them to feel as wonderful as I do and I believe that strongly in my stylist.
- No time – duh. NO one takes on a new opportunity because they have time. People take on new opportunities because they believe in the products and/or the business itself. And who is today’s world has any extra time? I don’t. So, do you want to know a secret? The busiest people are the MOST successful in direct sales businesses because they have to be.
- I don’t know enough people. I can tell you that your circle will expand tremendously once you start talking. Furthermore, I have met customers at baseball games, grocery stores, events, and via social media. And by the way? I don’t like parties. Yea, I don’t have many parties. I held launch parties and I have done some dual parties, otherwise, the majority of my business comes from one on ones. I am so much better at working with someone in a casual setting where we can just chat.
- There are too many reps already…this one makes me laugh for two reasons…the first is that it should tell you how much people love our products and the second is…so what? We all know different people!
- No money to start a business. Ok, let’s do some real talk here. I know how much I spend on coffee alone…take a look at your spending habits and figure out you can miss a few weeks. If this is important to you, you will make it happen. Another thought…if you truly don’t have the money, then you NEED this opportunity more than most.
Which one was yours?
Did any of those sound familiar? Let me ask you this, why do you think someone asked you to join their team? Could it be they see something in you they want to nurture? Do you think maybe they would love to work directly with you? Don’t be so quick to disregard them, direct sales business are on the increase. People are watching and paying attention whilst alternative income streams are becoming the norm.
Next time someone asks you to join them, take a moment to listen. If you are intrigued, simply ask for more information. Excuses often stem from fear, so before you make them, look within yourself to assess what you are afraid of. After all, you may be pleasantly surprised by what happens when you think outside the box.