I am THAT mom. Four years ago I signed up to be an It Works Rep and I have a confession, several, actually. I absolutely love what I do! That being said, this business isn’t for the faint of heart. Intrigued? Read on.
Confession, They lied
If someone tells you this business is easy, they are flat out lying to you Click To Tweet Unless you love hearing the word NO twenty times a day. If you are afraid of what others think of you, this business probably isn’t for you. And if you can’t handle people not returning your messages, texts or calls. you may need to look at working somewhere else.
Let me tell you It is not easy money either. The money does not just fall into your lap. You will not get rich within one month. Of course, there are always the exceptions, those who rise to the top quickly, and their stories are phenomenal! But they are not the norm. It takes practice, it takes belief, and it takes determination. The majority of people quit before they even give it a chance.
Confession, It’s Worth It
Is it worth it? YES! I will emphatically tell you yes, it is. WHEN you choose to invest in yourself ( because let’s be honest, when you purchase a business, you are investing in you) the benefits far outweigh the negatives. In most instances, when you purchase your business, you also purchase training and support. IF you actually do your training (the majority do not) and IF you connect with your company and your team (the majority do not), your will be on your way to an amazing journey.
You will learn to integrate your business into your life. You will have opportunities to stretch yourself in ways you never before considered. In most cases, you will have the chance to connect with people who share your ideal goals and you can learn from watching them in action.
How do you choose?
This may be the most difficult part of your journey. How do you choose a business that is right for you? In my experience, the following are key to success:
- love the products – you must love your products in order to passionately share your results with others. For me, it is similar to recommending a favorite food or service. When I find something I love, I feel the need to share it with the world! After all, everyone should have the opportunity to be as happy as I am!
- research the company – While many people love to join a company that is starting up, I advise looking for an established one. You can find positive and negative reviews for anything and you need to look past those. For me, a key point was that my company was debt free and had been for years. They continue to try to do the same for their distributors. I also loved that this company is Christian based and I had the opportunity to see this for myself.
- unique product – Having a product that can only be purchased through you will help you to stand out. It is far more difficult to sell something that can be purchased at the local department store. Represent something that is unique.
- pray about it – it’s scary to make the launch into being a business owner and it isn’t to be taken lightly. Before I signed on, I researched, talked with my other half and prayed for guidance. Truth be told, I still do today because my business is about so much more than just me.
- consider the financial investment – some companies offer a minimal start up fee. While that may be appealing, be sure you are on board with the products being sold, or you will be throwing your money away. Look at the compensation plan (it may not make sense when you first look at it, but over time, it will). You want to be able to make your initial investment back.
- understand residual income – this is one of the key draws of direct sales. After all, don’t we all love the opportunity to earn money over and over after one sale?
Confession – It is a Process